Wow! What a great turnout and party at Sweetwater Brewery to celebrate Atlanta Beer Week. We had well over 400 folks come out to the brewery which is more than double the usual Wednesday volume, but did not reach the 250 Foursquare check-ins needed to unlock the Super Swarm badge. We got pretty close and were only short by around 60 check-ins. I was asked several times at the end of the party and at dinner afterwards about whether or not I thought the event was a success. It’s easy to quickly say “no it wasn’t a success because we didn’t unlock the badge” and there was definitely some disappointment in not reaching that goal, but I have to say that I believe the party was a resounding success for several reasons:
- We unlocked the Swarm Badge within the first 20 minutes of the event and a lot of folks out that night earned it for the first time
- Coming in just under 200 check-ins should be the largest quantity at one venue to date in Georgia
- Foursquare was the biggest topic of discussion among attendees and users were able to connect with new friends and talk with others about ways to use it around Atlanta
- We had quite a few new signups at the event and even those that didn’t check-in were exposed to the power and fun of this application. Hopefully, those non-users will take another look at it and possibly adopt it going forward.
- Sweetwater tapped a one of a kind cask called “Dirty South” which attendees got to sample along with the regular line-up of killer brews, take tours, and mingle with folks at a fantastic venue (not to mention getting half off entry).
- Several lucky attendees won some terrific prizes from Meehan’s Downtown, Fifth Group Restaurants, The Shed at Glenwood, Rita’s Italian Ice in Midtown, Oakland Cemetery, and some great Sweetwater Sch’wag too!
Thank you again to everyone who attended what turned out to be a very memorable event. Also, big props go out to the wonderful folks at Sweetwater Brewery and to all of our raffle sponsors for their generous donations.
Be on the lookout as we go for the Super Swarm again!!
Were you at the event? What did you think about it? Please share your experience here in the comments section!
Post by: Chad Elkins – Find Chad on Twitter and Foursquare