Foursquare Day is rapidly approaching and April 16th will be here before you know it. Foursquare’s 8 million users around the world are getting very excited with the recent announcement of the 2011 limited edition Foursquare Day badge (pictured) and many communities are planning events to celebrate. We will be looking to expand upon the tremendous success we had here in Atlanta last year to make 2011 bigger and better for both users and businesses.
What can your Atlanta area business do to connect with Foursquare users and help celebrate worldwide Foursquare Day on April 16th?
image courtesy of AboutFoursquare.com
Offer a unique one day only special in the app that metro Atlanta users can earn by checking in at your location(s). There will be a centralized list on 4sqATL.com of all metro area businesses running unique Foursquare Day specials to promote your deal and to inform the community about places they should visit that day. What you need to do right now:
- Claim Your Venue – This is the critical first step if you have not done so already.
- Create A Special - Offer something that will be unique just for Foursquare Day on 4/16. If this is your first time using the app you may want to go ahead and start running a promo now so that your employees get used to seeing customers redeeming deals. I highly recommend placing your 4sqDay special in the console in advance to make sure the approval is processed, but then leave it inactive until the big day.
- Notify 4sqATL – Send in your 4sqDay special so that it can be included in the centralized list of deals around Atlanta. The deadline for submitting your 4sqDay deal to be included on 4sqATL.com will be midnight on April 15th. The earlier you send in your deal, the longer it will be available here on the site for users to see.
- Employee Awareness – It is extremely important that all employees who will be at your business on 4sqDay are made aware of the special. The last thing you want is for someone to visit in order to utilize the promotion and have a bad experience because of an uninformed employee. This flyer will help your employees to know what to look for when users redeem specials at your business.
- Promotion – 4sqATL will do everything possible to make your deal known, but the best marketing source is YOU! Please make your customers aware that you are participating in 4sqDay and that you are part of the #4sqATL community.
Let 4sqATL know if you have any questions or need assitance by using the contact form, reaching out on Twitter, or in the comments section here on this post. Foursquare Day in Atlanta will be an amazing event, but it will only be as awesome as the business that participate. Please get yours involved as we explore Atlanta together on Foursquare!
Post by: Chad Elkins – Find Chad on Twitter and Foursquare